Thursday, March 21, 2013

Taper,packing and other stuff

Sheesh...so my daughter's school had a bomb scare today and all the kids had to be evacuated while the bomb squad and their sniffer dogs came in and made sure there was no actual bomb in the building.  Is it just me or does it seem outrageous. I don't consider myself naive but I still can't believe how we have become so accepting of these things happening to our children.  We've become so desensitized to this kind of thing that it seems like no big deal when it happens.  Violence is so integrated into our lives that we just accept it as a consequence of living in a community.....

Yes....can you tell I'm tapering????

All of a sudden I have way too much time to think, analyze and ponder. My training load is winding down in preparation for my race in 10 days and now I  have all this time on my hands. Hmmm...what to do with all this time....solve world problems...no, I think I'll just pack.

Now let me tell you packing for a race IS on the same difficulty scale as world problems.  Look at my packing pile....



You see my problem.

BUT. I have a list. I am excellent at list making.So hopefully now I have a list everything will pack itself.

2 comments:

  1. Do NOT forget your shoes.

    I was so worried that I'd manage to leave my running shoes behind for NYC that I wore them on the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pack, unpack, pack again and recheck. At least it is all in the vicinity for checking and rechecking and you are past the hardest part of digging through drawers and junk piles. I find the prep to take up amazingly too much time, but it is nice to not have to do it before you go to bed on the night of the race.

    ReplyDelete

Comments