Thursday, August 16, 2012

Best Sludge Ever

Many of you know that I have a thing for Diet Coke.  Addiction is a bit of a heavy word, but you get the picture. At the end of May I gave up Diet Coke.  Cold Turkey.  It was surpisingly easy. I don't miss it and have mostly replaced it just with drinking water.  But water can get boring and my wonderful husband decided that with all the training I have been doing for Ironman I needed something special to give me some extra vitamins and flavor...and a change from the nothing taste of water.

So every day he goes through this routine to produce the best sludge I have ever tasted.

He starts with whatever we have in the fridge and pantry.  Fruits, vegetables, nuts, berries, flax seed.  You name it...it goes in.  This morning I got strawberries, plums, raspberries, green beans, grapes, blueberrries, kale, banana, baby spinach, kiwi and carrots



It all goes into the Vitamix with the berries at the bottom and the green leafy stuff on top.


Blending, blending, blending....


Adding ice to make sure its nice and cold.





Sometimes I get green sludge.  Today it was brown...yummy.  It tastes just like a berry smoothie. 

And thanks to this sludgie concoction I don't take any vitamin supplements.  Everything I need is jam packed into each glass.


I have to say thanks to this brown sludge I don't miss Diet coke. Not even a tiny bit.

6 comments:

  1. I have never been able to drink diet coke. But you can have my regular coke when you pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

    There's no way I could drink that. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gag! Matt is so sweet to do this for you.. and you are a saint to drink it. ;)

    I just can't get past the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have something similar I call "swamp water" because that's what it looks like, but it tastes delicious - berries etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comments:) Not sure I could take it by the color...but it has some fab ingredients going into it. I love that part. Perhaps a blindfold to accompany the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me until it turned BROWN. But then again that can trick your mind that you are just drinking a diet coke. Awesome that your husband takes such good care of you. I need to start taking some sludge myself!

    ReplyDelete

Comments