Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tis the Season

...For Marching band

(Photo of the entire colorguard)


(Just the seniors...good one Ciara.)

Ciara's last year {sob!}

I am a little heartbroken that in a month or 2 this will all be over. But I guess this is a year of lasts so I had better get used to it.

This years theme is " The Moon and the Sun." A story of how the sun dies every night so the moon can live.  How wonderfully tragic and romantic. Just what I need. A tearjerker.

On the upside it gets me to high school football games that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered to attend just so I can watch the band perform at the halftime show.

Last weekend they headed off to their first competition.  A 3 day trip to Salem, Oregon. 7 hours each way on a bus. Camping out on the floor of a gym for 2 nights and next to no sleep. Practicing wherever they can find space until their performance time.










But it was all worth it. They had a great time and came away with a win.