Monday, November 3, 2008

Six things....

donna8I

I have been tagged. This is a whole new experience for a novice blogger like myself, but Kyla tagged me to list 6 Random things about myself. Like any good challenge there are a few rules....
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up!


donna4
Ok...let me think...Six Random Things....hmmmm... As I was formulating my thoughts I zipped over to Shutter sisters to see what was going on there today and noticed they had a self portrait challenge. So that got me started..(see Random fact # 1) and I decided to get out of my comfort zone and add some self portraits to this blog entry! Yikes!!!!

donna7

Random Fact # 1
I hate having my picture taken. I know its ironic considering I like to take pictures of everyone else but I feel like I reached my photogenic peak when I was 5 years old and it has been all downhill since then.

donna5
Random Fact # 2
I have a paralyzing fear of sharks. Odd..or maybe because of the fact that I grew up on the beaches of the Australian east coast. I find it really difficult to watch documentaries about sharks and think that the movie "Jaws" is the most horrific film of all time. When I do go down to the beach I won't go into the water any further than chest deep and even swimming in the deep part of a lake where I can't touch the bottom can make me panic. I learned from Wikipedia that fear of sharks is called "selachophobia" so as far as neuroses go, I think I only have the one...which is good!

donna 2
Random Fact # 3
I never expected to get married and have children. I always assumed I would be a career woman and never thought too much beyond that. I was never that little girl who dreamed of getting married and who had been planning her wedding since she was 9. As a result when I did finally get married I was woefully unprepared for the whole wedding whirlwind and would have quite happily traded in the white wedding and eloped to Fiji.

donna6

Random Fact # 4
I can NEVER have a career in sales. My brother always says that I have the subtlety of a sledge hammer. I don't intentionally try to be so direct...so I guess it just comes naturally. There is an upside and a downside to this of course. The pros are that I am very honest and upfront and the cons are that I am very honest and upfront. So depending on the question I am asked my directness can be a good thing or a bad thing. Now, I don't want you to think I am completely tactless BUT generally speaking if you ask me a question I will give you my honest opinion. As a result I tend to gravitate more towards authentic people who don't get too offended about my directness.

donna1

Randon Fact # 5
I used to hate green...but now it is one of my favorite colors...(well you did say random things!)

donna3

Random Fact # 6
Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love all the anticiaption and excitement...the waiting! For me its not about the gift giving, its about pausing our busy lives and just enjoying being together. No school, no work, no sport. This year we are headed back to Australia to spend Christmas with our family. It will be summer down there and although I am a little perturbed about having to get my lily white body into a bikini I am looking forward to lying on the beach and watching the kids swim and play..... as long as they don't venture into the surf too far...(refer Random Fact #1)
Now that is my 6 Random things. I have sent off emails to the next 6 lucky contestants. Thanks for tagging me Kyla...it was fun!

5 comments:

  1. this is so cool ~your photos of yourself are so varied and artistic~
    I like all of your face but also the one where you are holding glasses in your hand ...I am with you and the self portrait thing ...but I must admit it was fun to see faces of many of my friends in blog land !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with you on #3. Also, I like the self portrait with your hand by your leg holding your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I just LOVE these photos! And you're much more photogenic than I! ;) I'll have to attempt this challenge today . . . as much as I dislike seeing myself in a photo.

    Thanks so much for sharing these random facts with us! On #3 you could have took the words right out of my mouth! Isn't it surprising . . . those little twists and turns in life, that bring us to where we never thought we'd be?!

    Thank you so much for your "hug", and your comments. They are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your honesty & directness are what I love about you. Because your heart is so kind it never comes across the wrong way (at least to me). ;)

    Thanks for "keeping it real." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are really nice self portraits and you're very photogenic. I love the experimentation with all of them.
    I also like hearing the random facts .

    hey thanks for the link to "creative every day". She really does have some nice art and you're right, one of her drawings looks very much like the mermaid.

    I appreciate the comments you leave on our blog. I have been a little slack about visiting and commenting others the last few days, but it doesn't mean I'm ignoring.

    ReplyDelete

Comments