Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Menagerie

Meet the new additions to our menagerie.

George and Martha....




Umm...no


Definitely not....

IMG_0500

Ahhhh...that's them. Aren't they cute.

George is the green one....Martha is blue.

We're working on training them so they can be out of the cage during the day and only in the cage at night. At the moment they are sitting on the back of my chair as we do homeschool.

There was a lot of discussion yesterday about getting a new pet....a gerbil,a hamster, guinea pig or even a mouse. But my aversion to all rodent-like creatures led us to a bird. Two actually.

So we are hoping George and Martha like their new home. Not sure if Beau the dog is happy about it but I'm sure he can learn to share.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh sooooo close! I thought it was going to be CHICKENS. At least I was close. Birds are practically chickens. ;)

    Congrats on your new feathery friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments