Monday, October 27, 2008

The Corn Maze

After reading a post at Shutter Sisters about the images we are naturally drawn to shoot, I decided I need to stretch my photographic wings a little. I seem to be drawn to macro photography more than anything else. I like looking at a simple object and delving deeper to see the intricacies that make it up.
So I think I need to devote some more time to other types of photography. A recent trip to the pumpkin patch with my son's class convinced me that spending a little bit of time honing my portraiture skills could really reap rewards. I find that when I take "people" pictures it is mostly of my kids and family only.... and so as a bit of a challenge for myself I have vowed to work on getting more creative with portrait photography.
I had just taken a picture of this little girl walking through the corn maze and it was just an average picture but getting up close and "filling the frame" as they say...made all the difference! Her beautiful face inspired me to try and be a better "people" photographer.

7 comments:

  1. well that looks like a outing and your capture of the two kids really turned out to show the fun of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some fabulous photos! I'm still practising my own photo skills, such as they are, and you really inspire me to "get clickin'"! Thanks so much for sharing these gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of these are fantastic but the last one...that's the magic.

    I too have been trying to stretch my photography. So much to learn, so much to learn.

    Love,
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that angelic face!! Nicely done! Good job stretching yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute face. she's gonna be a heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have seen these from the road - they look like a lot of fun; though as a child i doubt i would have been as calm as those children

    ReplyDelete

Comments