Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More resources!

IMG_3747a

Ok...so that title might be getting a bit overused BUT..being a newbie on the homeschool scene I am only just becoming aware the what an extensive support network is out there for homeschoolers.
Last week I discovered a new homeschool bookstore we have here in town. It's run by a Mom who homeschools her own children on the premises. She has been a fountain of information for me but the biggest plus is having somewhere to go where I can sit and page through all the text books.
My local co-op also have their annual homeschool conference this weekend. They have a host of wonderful guest speakers, workshops and informational events planned. There will also be a vendor hall and a used book sale....so I'm really looking forward to going and being able to glean some wisdom from more experienced homeschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments